The Privacy Act requires organisations, such as Ateco, to keep personal information private and secure. We understand the importance of privacy to our customers and we are conscious of our obligation to use your personal information responsibly.
- access their information;
- correct their information; and
- contact us if they are concerned with how their information is being used.
This policy describes the information that the Privacy Act requires us to communicate to all of our customers. We hope it helps you understand how we handle your personal information and deliver the protection that the Privacy Act affords. Please print it and keep it for future reference if you so desire.
Ateco Automotive Pty Limited
In this document 'Ateco' refers to Ateco Automotive NZ Ltd.
Ateco are the Official Importers & Distributors for Alfa Romeo, Citroen, Fiat, Great Wall and Chery vehicles in Australia and New Zealand. Ateco distributes and sells a range of vehicles and related products in Australia and New Zealand through its appointed dealer network.
Your personal information
Personal information held by Ateco about you, may include:
- date of birth;
- telephone numbers;
- e-mail address;
- drivers licence number;
- drivers licence state;
- purchase details;
- warranty and service transaction information provided by our dealer network, affiliates or third parties; and
- any other relevant information.
If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
How we collect personal information
Ateco collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide information by telephone or in documents;
- from our dealer network when you purchase a vehicle or have your vehicle repaired;
- from competition entry forms;
- directly from you, via our internet site (requests for information); and
- from third parties we contract to collect and/or manage data on our behalf.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used in order to:
- provide and market our products and services;
- communicate to you;
- purchase from you;
- support your purchase through warranty and roadside assistance;
- comply with our legal obligations (ie. in the event of a Vehicle Safety Recall);
- help us manage our services; and
- conduct customer and market research to improve the quality of our products and services.
You may choose to opt-out of marketing and research communications by advising us directly. Refer to our direct contact details at the end of this brochure.
When we disclose your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of Ateco.
These organisations may include:
- our appointed dealers;
- outsourced service providers who manage services we provide to you including:
- roadside assistance;
- customer research;
- financial services and insurance;
- mailing systems and direct marketing;
- market research;
- government, regularity, law enforcement authorities, organisations, as required or authorised by law;
- our related companies.
How we store your personal information
Ateco will store your personal information in a secure environment. It's protected by a combination of physical and technological measures. If you want more information about the way we manage the information we hold please contact us as we would be happy to provide you with further information on our processes. Our contact details can be found at the end of this document.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
Ateco takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. We recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up to date with changes to this information such as your name and address.
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to access your information, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons and we may charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
How to contact us
If you wish to notify us of your new contact details, make a complaint about a breach of privacy or have any questions in relation to the accuracy of your information or privacy, please contact our Information and Privacy Officer by:
Telephone: 09 573 7788
Please include the identification number of your vehicle (VIN) in all correspondence. This number is 17 characters long and can normally be found on your registration documents.